In order to gather more detailed records for the purpose of troubleshooting issues and fixing bugs, customer service staff might ask you to access Furbo’s debug mode to collect system and error information. This data will be used by our engineers and technical support staff to aid you and create a better Furbo experience.
The data gathered from debug mode is strictly technical and system data and will not contain any private information, such as your account or password information, videos, or photos that you may have saved using Furbo.
To use Debug Mode to send data to Furbo’s technical support staff, please follow these steps:
- Log into Furbo and then tap the menu button (represented by three horizontal bars) at the top left corner of your screen, then tap "Account".
- Tap on your email address consecutively eight times to activate Debug mode.
- Return to the menu, and you will see a “Debug tool” option
- Tap “Debug tool" to enter the Debug tool menu and then slide the "Network Info" and “Save Log” option to the On (Green) position.
- Return to the app and then recreate your technical issue by performing the steps that led to the troubleshooting problem. If the connection is slow or cannot connect to the WiFi, enter the video mode again until the video screen returns or an error message appears.
- Return to the "Debug tool" screen and tap "Upload".
- After confirming with the customer service staff that they have received your debug information, slide the "Save Log" option bar back to the Off (Grey) position, or simply tap "Hide" to turn off Debug mode. (It will not continue recording system information.)