If your Furbo app crashed or has stopped responding, it will either suddenly close and will go back to the main menu or sometimes it will get stuck trying to load but nothing happens. Try the following steps to recover your Furbo app.
- Restart the app by closing or killing the app on your Smartphone's background app or task manager and re-launch it.
- For iPhones with a home button, double-click the home button, select the Furbo app and swipe up.
- For iPhone X, you'll need swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then pause with you finger in the middle of the screen for a second until all of the app cards appear. Select the Furbo app and swipe to the right.
- For Android, depending on the make and model, press the multitasking button and swipe up or down and left or right to close the Furbo app.
- Check your Smartphone's internet connection quality if the signal is good. Try to restart your Smartphone data.
- If connecting via WiFi, check other devices if getting a connection. If not, try to reboot the router.
- Try to uninstall the app and reinstall.
- If after reinstalling the app, still, the Furbo app crashes or does not respond when you use it, make sure that your smartphone has enough free memory to use to run apps. You may isolate the issue to ensure if the app crashing or nonresponsiveness is influenced by your Smartphone by installing the Furbo app on another smartphone preferably with the same operating system (android or ios).
Please contact customer support for further assistance.