Try the following steps below if you are getting this setup error message:
- Please try to replug the Furbo near your WiFi router, at least within 5 feet away, and try to re-setup. If this will not work, proceed to the next step.
- Replug your Furbo. Unplug your Furbo for 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Wait for your Furbo status light to turn to green light.
- Restart your smartphone. While waiting for your Furbo's status light to turn green, turn off your smartphone's Bluetooth and restart your smartphone. Once fully restarted, turn your Bluetooth back on.
- Restart your home router (Unplug for 30 seconds, then, plug it back in). Try to set up again.
- While your Furbo is on, showing a Green Light status, press the WPS button on your router and start the setup process using your Furbo app.
Different routers have different WPS button, you may refer to your internet provider or your router's manual for more info.
- Do a hard reset on Furbo. If the issue is persisting after step 2, do a hard reset on your Furbo. You'll need to use a pin or a straightened paperclip to press the 'reset' button on the back of your Furbo (see the image below). While Furbo is plugged in, press and hold the reset button for about 20 seconds until the color of the light changes. Please wait another minute until Furbo's light turns green. Try to set up again.
Setup your Furbo using your smartphone's mobile hotspot. This is maybe due to router compatibility. To isolate the issue, try to set up your Furbo using your smartphone's data connection. Make sure to disconnect from your home Wi-Fi on your smartphone and use your mobile data for your personal mobile hotspot.
- If the setup was successful, go to update your Furbo Dog Camera's firmware. See the step below or go to "How to update Furbo firmware (FW)" for more info.
Tap the button below to go directly to the About page on your Furbo app.See the guide below how to check for a firmware update:
Once the firmware is updated, you will need to re-setup your Furbo Dog Camera to your home Wi-Fi by doing the Reset WiFi through the app. Go to Menu (☰) > Furbo Settings > Reset WiFi
Tap the button below to go directly to the reset WiFi settings on your Furbo app.
See the guide below how to do a Reset Wifi:
If the setup has failed, please tap the chat icon to contact the Support Team.
Having other setup issues with a different error message?
Check the following support pages below: