Try the following steps below if you are getting this setup error message:
1. Check if your router's security mode is WPA3. If yes, switch the security mode to WPA2 to setup your Furbo. You would need to access your router's admin settings to do this. For your reference, you can also go to this link to get more information: WPA3 Router Security Compatibility
If your router' security mode is WPA2 and you're still getting the same error, please try the steps below:
2. Please try to replug the Furbo near your WiFi router, at least within 5 feet away, and try the re-setup. If this does not work, proceed to the next step.
3. Unplug your Furbo for 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Wait for your Furbo status light to turn to green light.
4. Restart your smartphone. While waiting for your Furbo's status light to turn green, turn off your smartphone's Bluetooth and restart your smartphone. Once fully restarted, turn your Bluetooth back on.
5. Restart your home router (Unplug for 30 seconds before plugging it back in). Try to set up again.
6. While your Furbo is on and showing a Green Light status, press the WPS button on your router to start the setup process using your Furbo app. Different routers might have different WPS buttons, please refer to your internet provider or your router's manual for more info.
7. Do a hard reset on your Furbo. If the issue persists after step 2, do a hard reset on your Furbo. You'll need to use a pin or a straightened paper clip to press the 'reset' button on the back of your Furbo (see the image below). While Furbo is plugged in, press and hold the reset button for about 20 seconds until the color of the light changes. Please wait until Furbo's light turns green before setting up again.
8. Set up your Furbo using your smartphone's mobile hotspot. If you are having problems with your router compatibility, try to set up your Furbo through your smartphone’s data connection. Make sure to disconnect from your home Wi-Fi on your smartphone before switching to your mobile data or personal mobile hotspot.
9. If the setup is successful, update your Furbo Dog Camera's firmware. See the step below or go to "How to update Furbo firmware (FW)" for more info.
Tap the button below to go directly to the About page on your Furbo app.
10. Once the firmware is updated, you will need to set up your Furbo Dog Camera to your home Wi-Fi again by doing the “Reset WiFi through the app”.
See the guide below how to do a Reset Wifi:
See the guide below on how to do a Reset Wifi:
- Go to your Furbo’s home screen, tap the “MENU button (☰) on the bottom right.
- Choose the Furbo Camera you wish to reset.
- Tap “Reset Wi-Fi”.
If the setup has failed, please tap the chat icon to contact the Support Team.
Having other setup issues with a different error message?
Check the following support pages below: